THERE ARE MANY WAYS FOR YOUTH TO GATHER AND BE PART OF THE COMMUNITY
Upcoming Youth Gatherings:
- Play Pray & Pizza – 4 – 5:30 pm on May 1st and June 5th
- Meaningful Movies – Friday Night at 6pm – movie and Dick’s burgers. Hosted by the Youth Group. All are welcome to attend. You can read more information about the Meaningful Movies series from the Diocese of Olympia.
- April 22nd The Story of Plastic – A searing exposé revealing the ugly truth behind plastic pollution and the false solution of plastic recycling. Please RSVP here.
- May 20th Transhood – Filmed over five years in Kansas City, Transhood chronicles the lives of four young people (aged 4, 7, 12, and 15 at the start of filming) and their families as they navigate growing up transgender in America’s heartland. Please RSVP here.
- Youth Gathering/Camp – one day only on June 28th – Play, Pray and Connect
- Beginning of the Year Party – August 30th – Reconnect and start the year off right!
Our Christian faith calls us to serve others and we take that seriously in our youth ministry. We participate in Good Samaritan’s outreach ministry, Faith in Action
, and our youth go on a mission trip each summer to encounter God in other contexts, build relationships with diverse peoples, and put our faith into action. Youth are welcome to help with our Issaquah Meals ministry, by cooking or serving meals on the second Saturday of the month. Click here
to sign up.
Youth are also encouraged to host activity stations at our monthly Play and Pray Pizza Nights, an intergenerational gathering where people engage in a variety of offered activities related to a core theme (Play), have a short time of worship (Pray), and then share a meal (Pizza). Our youth have reported that some of the most meaningful gatherings are those that allow them to interact with adults and to serve as members of the church.
For more information about our youth ministry, or to ask questions, contact Mother Charissa.