During Lent, the youth are planning to run a multi-week drive for items for “Personal Hygiene Kits/Blessings Kits” to give to the Sammamish Police Department who distribute them to homeless people they encounter. Since we are now cancelling Sunday activities for two weeks, please continue to collect any of the following items and bring them to church when we reopen.
Here’s the list of each weekly item:
- Week 1 (March 1): gloves, adult sizes
- Week 2 (March 8): soft food, like chewy protein bars, peanut butter packets, or fruit cups
- Week 3 (March 15): travel-sized hygiene products, especially toothbrush and paste, but also soap, shampoo, and others
- Week 4 (March 22): $10 Orca bus card or hand-warmers
- Week 5 (March 29): Wet Wipes (travel packs) and small tissue packs
- Week 6 (April 5): Socks (white cotton tube socks are best)
The youth will purchase water, garbage bags, and 2-gallon Ziplocs to add to the kits, which they will assemble and then deliver to the Sammamish Police Department.